Monday, December 20, 2010

Quick Chicken Stroganoff


I had a can of cream of mushroom soup and knew that there was a recipe out there that could turn it into a quick dinner. I looked up the Campbell's site, as much as I hate product placement :) This was actually good, and made me realize that I can really just throw some chicken breasts on heat and turn out a filling meal. I don't know why I lean towards the complicated when it comes to dinner...

Quick Mushroom Chicken Bake - from Campbell's Kitchen

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
Lemon pepper seasoning
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
4 ounces sliced mushrooms
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, crushed
Ground black pepper
12 ounces extra-wide egg noodles

To make:
1. Season both sides of the chicken with the lemon pepper seasoning. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until well browned on both sides. Place the chicken into a 2-quart baking dish.
2. Stir the soup, mushrooms, milk, cheese and garlic in a small bowl. Season with the black pepper. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
3. Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (use a thermometer to cook to an internal temperature of 165 F). Prepare the noodles as per package instructions. Serve the chicken and sauce over the cooked noodles.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog! This is space for my random acts of cookery, mostly the successful ones. :)