Thursday, February 7, 2008

Baked Spaghetti


I got this recipe in a recipe exchange email chain, and I think it might belong to someone on this blog, but I'm not entirely sure who! I tried it last night and I thought it was good and sooo spectacularly easy so I'm putting it up. As usual, I just used whatever I had in the house so I couldn't follow the recipe exactly - my assumption is that it would be even better if I did. :) One thing though - my baking dish was close to overflowing, especially when the liquid started bubbling. If you have a slightly deeper dish to bake in, you might consider using that instead.
Whoever's recipe this is - please claim it!

Baked Spaghetti~ yum!
PREP : 20 min
BAKE: 40 min

1 pkg (16 ounces) spaghetti
1-1/2 pounds of ground beef
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 can (8 ounces) tomato soup
1 cup water
2 tblsp brown sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided

Break spaghetti in half; cook according to pkg directions.
Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
Stir in the soups, tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and seasonings.
Drain spaghetti; stir into meat sauce. Add 1/2 cup of the cheese.
Transfer to a greased 13-in x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 min.
Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake 10-15 min longer or until the cheese is melted.

Yield: 12 servings.

No comments:

Welcome to my blog! This is space for my random acts of cookery, mostly the successful ones. :)