Wednesday, May 7, 2008

PB and ..... M?


One thing I absolutely cannot get enough of - I would choose it over ice cream, cake, or any of my other favorite sweets - is medjool dates stuffed with peanut butter. I discovered it in college courtesy of an old friend and I'm just recently re-discovering it. If any of you have never tried it, you're really missing something. Unless of course you hate peanut butter, in which case it's probably not a mistake that you haven't tried it :)

It takes a second to make - just cut open one side of a juicy medjool, discard the seed, and fill with peanut butter. Eat... mmmmmmmmmmmm... and repeat :) Try to control yourself, these are rich ones!

2 comments:

Maleeha said...

I love medjhool dates as well and cannot wait for Ramadan season this year! My in-laws love having their dates with whipped cream. So instead of PB they will add whipped cream in the center and to prevent from melting, you can keep a tray of dates with whipped cream in your freezer until your ready to eat them.

samshi said...

oooh yummy i love whipped cream. That's a great idea to freeze them - so the dates don't get tough that way? Fascinating.

Welcome to my blog! This is space for my random acts of cookery, mostly the successful ones. :)