Sunday, September 14, 2008

And we're back!

Ok so it's been a looooooooooong time since my last post. Phew! How time flies in the summer. I can't believe summer's almost over :( Of course there's a heat wave warning today, go figure. So it's not like I haven't been cooking all summer, just that warmth makes me lazy :) And I went to Europe in the middle so that kept me quite busy! Sorry, no recipes to share from Europe. One day I will do a culinary tour of the world, inshaAllah (God willing); that's my dream vacation. Maybe start in England (some good ol fish and chips!) and make my way through Italy, the middle east (gotta learn some Turkish food), must stop in Thailand, and round back to Louisiana or South Carolina for some good southern food. Anybody have other required stops? 

Ramadan started a couple weeks ago, so even though I've been wanting to post for a while I just haven't had the time. Well today is a new day! I have a bunch of recipes I've been wanting to put up for a while; some that people have asked me for and some that I just want to share because they turned out well. And because most of the cookbooks I use regularly are ones that you can't buy here for whatever reason, this is a nice way to share the wealth.

And I'm hoping to get more people posting! What will it take...


No comments:

Welcome to my blog! This is space for my random acts of cookery, mostly the successful ones. :)