Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Date Almond Milk Shake


My friend Seema was talking about a date milkshake she makes and it sounded soooo good. I love milkshakes but this sounds like a healthy alternative to the fast food ones that you typically can find.

Date Almond Milk Shake
from Home Spices

Ingredients:

4 large dates
4 almonds
2 cups frozen milk
1/2 banana (or Coolwhip)
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp sugar

Method:

1. Soak the dates in milk for about an hour or heat it with milk in the microwave for 40 seconds.
2. Add all the dates, banana, and almonds into a blender and add frozen milk, then blend it to a smooth mixture.
3. Add sugar and honey and give another whip in your blender.
4. Serve in a glass with wafers on the sides.
Can't wait to try this!

3 comments:

Seema said...

I didn't have frozen milk so i just added less milk and used some ice cubes instead! it was still very good but more like an icy drink :)

samshi said...

I was thinking the same thing! Your way sounds a lot easier than freezing milk to use.

samshi said...

I tried this shake today, and yummmmmmmmmm! There were little chunks of dates in there though so I guess my blender is kind of weak. I also didn't have medjool dates though those are my favorites, and I'm sure it's even better with those. Thanks again for this recipe Seema!

Welcome to my blog! This is space for my random acts of cookery, mostly the successful ones. :)