Thursday, January 3, 2008

Fool Proof Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Who doesn't love LOVE love chocolate chip cookies...I can't stop eating them...until I discovered this recipe...it's absolutely delicious and just as good as the original chocolate chip cookie..and the oatmeal makes me think *maybe* they're good for me. My husband and I are addicted to these cookies and can't keep our butter supply stocked high enough to make as many of these as we'd like. Just a tip: follow the recipe exactly...it'll pay off. The only thing I did differently was bake an extra two minutes but that depends on your oven.

happy baking.

sameera
--
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (from allrecipes.com)
Yield about 3.5 dozen

INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

1 comment:

samshi said...

So when it says ungreased baking sheets, would that allow for parchment paper on a metal pan? Because I don't want to put them directly on my baking sheet - it's not as nonstick as I would like it to be...

Welcome to my blog! This is space for my random acts of cookery, mostly the successful ones. :)