Sunday, December 21, 2008

Grilled Bread.. Amazing!



I watched Tyler Florence one day a few months ago..he did a great episode of Tyler's Ultimate, where his fabulous menu ventured to Morocco. He made delicious brick chicken, this creamy yogurt sauce, and grilled flat bread. The chicken and sauce was delicious when I prepared it a while back and today I made the flat bread and it was absolutely fantastic. And very easy, yet impressive.

You can find the whole menu at :
http://www.foodnetwork.com/tylers-ultimate/ultimate-brick-chicken/index.html.

However I will post the recipe for the flat bread- make it now. You will love it!

Grilled Za'atar Flat bread (courtesy of Tyler Florence)

* 1 pound store-bought pizza dough
* Olive oil
* 4 tablespoons za'atar
* Salt

Directions

Preheat grill pan. On a well floured surface, roll or pat the dough into a rustic, oblong shape, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush the crust with a thin layer of olive oil, and dust liberally with za'atar. Lay the oiled side down onto the hot grill. Once the dough looks set, in about 2 minutes, lightly brush with more oil, dust with za'atar and turn the crust over. Sprinkle with salt. Cut into large wedges and serve while warm.

4 comments:

samshi said...

I love anything with Za'atar. Whats the consensus on making this without a grill pan? George foreman? Broiler? Maybe I need a grill pan.

sameera said...

go with a grill pan! i used an indoor grill..i guess like george foreman..either should work

samshi said...

Maybe I'll try it on my foreman first before I add to my unwieldy collection of cooking tools. But in any case, you inspired me because I sliced some french bread yesterday and topped with za'atar and olive oil. mmmmm.

samshi said...

Tried this today! I think I left the dough too thick because it had a strange consistency in the middle, though I also used a skillet. Still tasted good and will try again somtime. Though I still have to say I love baguettes with olive oil and zaat'ar alot more :)

Welcome to my blog! This is space for my random acts of cookery, mostly the successful ones. :)