Sunday, December 7, 2008

Shrimp Scampi

I love making this dish because it reminds me of Olive Garden, and its so easy to make. It's also convenient if you're having guests over because it serves a bunch.



Shrimp Scampi
Serves 6

Ingredients

1 lb. linguini pasta
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 lb. uncooked, deveined, tail-off shrimp
salt
pepper
Optional: Shredded Parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes

Instructions

  1. Prepare linguini according to package directions. Drain and set aside when done, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
  2. Heat olive oil in wide-bottomed pan on medium-high. Melt the butter in the pan and add garlic, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, and oregano.
  3. Add chopped parsley, shrimp, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
  4. Toss shrimp with linguini and reserved pasta water, and top with shredded Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes if desired.

2 comments:

Lalaine said...

I love shrimps! I love pasta! Thank you marrying my two favorites in one delicious recipe. I'll be trying this soon with pomodoro sauce.

samshi said...

Glad to be of service. :)

Welcome to my blog! This is space for my random acts of cookery, mostly the successful ones. :)